My Mistake: China is on the Side of the Angels!

From: Stevan Harnad <amsciforum_at_GMAIL.COM>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 18:06:33 -0500

My gratitude to Iryna Kuchma for having pointed out my error, and my
sincere apologies to the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) for having
thought otherwise, even for a moment!

(I ought to have known, for it was I who registered the CAS mandate on
19 August 2009!)

Unlike the Netherlands, U California, U. Goettingen, Max-Planck
Institutes, the COPE members, and indeed SCOAP3, CAS did first mandate
Green OA, before committing to pay for Gold OA.

This policy is exemplary and unexceptionable. Let's hope the rest of
the world will follow it. (And shame on me for having imagined
otherwise!)