Re: Captured product vs. service

From: Uhlir, Paul <PUhlir_at_NAS.EDU>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 19:44:23 -0500

I was referring to the first license below, Les. It has very few restrictions.
One could use the CC0 license, which dedicates the work to the public domain,
but almost all scientists want attribution, since that is the currency of
non-commercial intellectual work. This is why I would reject the pure public
domain status of research publications that are the result of government funded
research, as suggested by Michael Eisen. There are other reasons to treat the
pure public domain option with scepticism, but that is the main one in my view.

Paul