Wikipedia and open access

From: Heather Morrison <hgmorris_at_SFU.CA>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 08:37:47 -0700

What concerns me more than the title of the Wikipedia OA entry, is who
is represented as an open access leader.

A few of the men are there, but if there is an entry for any female OA
leader, I have not seen it.

To me this raises questions about representation in Wikipedia. Are
traditional biases (possibly not just gender) reflected in Wikipedia,
simply because people add what they like and no one has responsibility
for seeing to equity in representation?

Heather Morrison
The Imaginary Journal of Poetic Economics
http://poeticeconomics.blogspot.com