Re: Royal Society Publishing and Open Access

From: Stevan Harnad <amsciforum_at_GMAIL.COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 11:41:06 -0400

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010, Jane H Smith wrote:

> Thanks for highlighting this change to the Royal Society policy, I shall
> update RoMEO ASAP.
>
> After an initial check it looks like they are now Yellow in the RoMEO
> colour scheme.

The SHERPA-Romeo listing for the Royal Society this morning before my
posting was,
as I said, Green. It was updated after my posting (note the update notice) . The
text is now self-contradictory and makes no sense:

Publisher: Royal Society, The
Author's Pre-print: author can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Author's Post-print: subject to Restrictions below, author can archive
post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing)
Restrictions:
        * 12 months
Publisher's Version/PDF: author cannot archive publisher's version/PDF
General Conditions:
        * May post pre-print on preprint servers or websites
        * Post print on author or institutional website, institutional or not for
profit repository
        * Publisher's version/PDF cannot be used
        * Published source must be acknowledged with citation close to title
of article
        * Must link to publisher version close to title of article
        * If funding agency rules apply, authors may post articles in PubMed
Central 12
months after publication
        * Articles in all journals can be made Open Access on payment of additional
charge
        * Eligible UK authors may deposit in The Depot (after 12 months)
Mandated OA: Compliance data is available for 15 funders
Paid open access: EXIS Open Choice
http://royalsocietypublishing.org/site/authors/EXiS.xhtml
Copyright: Policy http://royalsocietypublishing.org/site/authors/licence.xhtml
Updated: 22-Jun-2010. Suggest an update for this record