Re: The First and Foremost PostGutenberg Distinction

From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang_at_INRIA.FR>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 01:05:36 +0100

* Hélène.Bosc <hbosc-tchersky_at_orange.fr>, le 16-11-10, a écrit:
> Bernard,
> Your worry about orphan works is not mine, because I think it
> doesn't prevent to reach OA.

Bonjour Hélène,

well ... you are unfortunately wrong

with the law as it was stated (it did not fare too well so far, but
the reason is not clear) works could be taken out of OA
if the rightsholder is not reachable.

did you read our Press release:
http://aful.org/sections/communiques/senat-organise-viol-droits-auteur

> But in Germany, some researchers are concerned by it. May I suggest
> you to join the European Network for Copyright in support of
> Education and Science (ENCES) which is working on it.
> http://www.ences.eu/
> Contact : http://www.ences.eu/contact/
> Please see this recent report http://iuwis.de/blog/hearing-orphan-works-german-federal-ministry-justice-report

thanks for the pointers

The main problem is that everyone is now working on the orphan work
concept without questionning it ... and it is nonsense.

amitiés
Bernard