Re: Organisation of Repository Managers?

From: David Prosser <david.prosser_at_RLUK.AC.UK>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 07:44:38 +0000

Andrew
In the UK we have the United Kingdom Council of Research Repositories (UKCoRR):

http://www.ukcorr.org/index.php

which supports and represents repository managers.

Best wishes

David

David C Prosser PhD
Executive Director, RLUK

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: "Andrew A. Adams" <aaa_at_MEIJI.AC.JP>
Date: November 29, 2010 7:42:01 PM EST
To: AMERICAN-SCIENTIST-OPEN-ACCESS-FORUM_at_LISTSERVER.SIGMAXI.ORG
Subject: Organisation of Repository Managers?

I gave a talk last week at a Digital Repository Foundation meeting
in Japan.
This is a group of (primarily) librarians involved in running
repositories
for their institutions here in Japan. They asked if there was an
equivalent
organisation in the UK or elsewhere. I don't know of one, but that
doesn't
mean there isn't, since I'm not actively involved in running a
repository,
merely evangelising about IRs and mandates. Does anyone know of
similar
organisations elsewhere that I can point the Japanese DRF people at?

--
Professor Andrew A Adams                      aaa_at_meiji.ac.jp
Professor at Graduate School of Business Administration,  and