Re: Organisation of Repository Managers?

From: Dominique Babini <babini_at_CLACSO.EDU.AR>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 11:29:15 -0300

The initiatives I know gather IR,  with participation of IR management

International
- Confederation of Open Access Repositories (COAR)
http://coar-repositories.org/

In my region (Latin America), all very recent initiatives

Regional initiatives for IR (Latin America)
-  Inter-American Development Bank sponsored project for a network of
institutional repositories in Latin America
<https://sites.google.com/site/bidclara/>
- based on work carried out by a collaborative initiative of IR from Latin
America https://sites.google.com/site/redlatrep1/

Examples of national initiatives for IR managers to participate
- Argentina: National System for Science and Technology Institutional
Repositories, coordinated by the Ministry of Science and Technology, contact
Paola Bongiovani <pbongiovani_at_mincyt.gov.ar
- Brazil:  Ministry of Science and Technology/IBICT "OASIS" initiative
http://oasisbr.ibict.br/ (webiste being updated)  and  RICAA
Brazilian Network of Open Access to Scientific Information (project)
- Colombia: Colombia network of IR and digital libraries
http://www.bdcol.org/
- Cuba: Cuban network of digital repositorios, IDICT
- Ecuador: IR included in the Consortium of University Digital Libraries
http://www.bibliotecasdelecuador.com/

Dominique

Dra. Dominique Babini, Coordinadora
Red de Bibliotecas Virtuales de Ciencias Sociales de América Latina y el Caribe
de la red CLACSO
www.biblioteca.clacso.edu.ar
babini_at_clacso.edu.ar
Skype:  dominique.babini
Consejo Latinoamericano de Ciencias Sociales (CLACSO)
Av. Callao 875, 3ro. E, (C1023 AAB) Buenos Aires, Argentina
Tel.: (54-11) 4814-2301/4811-6588  interno 2800   Fax: (54-11) 4812-8459