Mazur

From: Beck Alexandra (aeb195@psy.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri May 15 1998 - 11:37:06 BST

Have been re reading the articles and have got a little confused.

Dominance and aggression, can these two be put on a continuum as i
think it is an easier way to explain why some individuals are only
dominant and some are dominant with aggression.

Animals learn fighting abilities. Can it be said that the
proximate mechanisms for fighting ability rely on men that fought won
fights and therefore got rewards such as food. I know thins has
little to do with liking but it has lots to do with survival. Is the
distal mechanism that men fight because it worked for their ancestors
e.g. because they won they could reproduce and we are the winners of
fights.

alex beck