Behaviourism

From: Whitehouse Chantal (cw495@soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 30 1996 - 17:47:07 BST

While working through the exam questions I came across a few
things I'm not too sure about which I was wondering if you
could help me with.

The question "what was right about behaviourism". I can't
really see much that was right about their way of thinking
at all, apart from the fact that they believed introspection
to be untestable.

The other question I was having trouble expanding on was
"what are the observables in psychology". Is it enough just
to discuss the body's visible behaviour (and while doing
this try to define what behaviour actually is) and brain
activity or is there something else that I'm missing? What
about peoples responses to questions or their attidudes or
is that just another form of behaviour?