The Environment of Evolutionary Adaptedness (EEA)

From: Fowler, Steve (srf195@soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon May 27 1996 - 18:50:23 BST

The Environment of Evolutioary Adaptedness (EEA) is a
Darwinian theory based on the original environment in
which an organism survived. Distal causes are the distant
causitive factors which stem from that original environment
(EEA) from which attributes present in our original
ancestors genes which are present in our physical and mental
genetic makeup today via distal selection - "our selfish
genes". Some psychologists believe that the ultimate reason
for our cognition is that it is ditally selected from the
EEA.