Re: What Is the Mind?

From: Galligan, Eoin (ghw296@soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Feb 13 1997 - 19:33:49 GMT

Just a thought . . .

. . . but could the whole of humanity be behaving like
millions of nodes in a complex connectionist network. I mean every
human is an active element, and our interrelated connections are
strengthened or given extra weight through learning and the principles
involved in recurrent and feed foreward networks. Humanity, is after
all, progressing (or foreward propagating), although to what stable
state or outcome I don't know? Just as connectionism applies to
humanity, it could just as well apply to the rest of the physical world
from atoms to galaxies (I suppose).