Hugh Davis (Webmaster and ex-chair)
Peter and Valerie Davill (Treasurers)
Neil and Jenny Wells (Deputy Treasurers)
Here are the dates for tastings in 2017/18: Click here.
Here are some guidelines for those presenting a tasting, or thinking of doing so: Click here.
The growing number of wine enthusiasts now have a wine club which provides a forum for beginners and experts alike. The University of Southampton Staff Club Wine Society welcomes all interested in wine to meet on a regular basis. (We welcome staff, students and people from outside the university - there is no formal membership - just get your name om the email list)
HOW TO GET YOUR NAME ON THE EMAIL LIST.
The main motivations are:
- to have fun
- a dose of education
- social interaction with other club members
- getting to know new wines
- being able to sample wines which would be too expensive otherwise
We have different kinds of sessions:
- Comparative sessions
- grape varieties: sample wines of different grape varieties
- vintages: sample same wine from different vintages
- regions: same grape variety, different regions/countries
- invited sessions, where wine merchants present their range
- supermarket sessions: bring your own
- whatever the members desire
Wine Club Etiquette:
To cover the cost of acquiring the wines, biscuits etc. we charge a fee of £15 per session. Any profit the club makes is used to enhance the quality of the wines in tasting.
We control very carefully the number of people attending tastings - based on the number of bottles of each wine we have bought, and in order to keep the cost down. Often tastings are over-subscribed, so you need to reserve places - usually fast! So we have an etiquette.
- We require that in order to attend a tasting that you reserve place(s) for named people using the above website
- You will receive a confirmation email
- This email tells you how to cancel the reservation if you need to up till the day before the tasting
- If you have to cancel on the day of the tasting, please try to either send along a replacement or contact Hugh (email@example.com, x23669) or Peter (firstname.lastname@example.org) to allocate a reserve. But we reserve the right to ask you to pay for your places if we are unable to re-allocate.
Previous Tasting Notes
Here are details of the wines presented at the tasting on 5th May 2017: Click here.
Here are details of the whiskies presented at the tasting of Indian whisky on 20th Jan 2017: Click here.
Here are details of the wines presented at the tasting on 6th Jan 2017: Click here.
Here are details of the sake presented at the tasting on 16th Dec 2016: Click here.
Here are details of the wines tasted at the tasting on 4th Nov 2016: Click here.
Here are details of the wines tasted at the tasting on 30 September 2016: Click here.
Here are details of the wines tasted during the 2015/16 tasting year: Click here.
Here are details of the wines tasted during the 2014/15 tasting year: Click here.
Here are details of the wines tasted in tastings before the 2014/15 tasting year: Click here.
Wine Club Accounts and AGM minutes
Accounts for previous years (which also provide a record of previous tastings):