Similarly to previous years, the meeting will be informal, and will combine invited lectures with accepted submissions. This year we also want to aim for wider, European and international attention.
- Specification and Refinement Methods
- Model checking : Theory, Tools and Applications
- Abstract Interpretation
- Theorem Proving
- Software and Hardware Verification
- Verification of Probabilistic and/or Real-Time Systems
- Verification of Distributed Protocols including Security
- Performance and Dependability Evaluation
- Case Studies
Download self-contained PDF call for papers.
For the PreProceedings, which will be available at the workshop, submit in your abstract or extended abstract in Postscript or PDF format and a plain text abstract electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions should not exceed 16 10pt a4wide pages, all inclusive (but may be as short as 2 pages for abstracts).
Papers invited for the special issue (after the workshop) must be submitted in LaTeX in strict accordance to the publisher's style and layout regulations. (A corresponding LaTeX style file will be provided then.)
The AVoCS'03 Proceedings have been published as a technical report of the University of Southampton.
For the Final Proceedings, the authors of the best workshop presentations will be invited to submit, if they so wish, a Full Paper for a special issue in a journal (probably Formal Aspects of Computing).
Notification of Acceptance: March 10, 2003.
Deadline for Registration: March 24, 2003 (extended)
Workshop: April 2 and 3, 2003.
Deadline for Final Proceedings Submissions after the Workshop: to be announced
- Doron Peled, University of Warwick (author of Model checking and Software Reliability Methods)
- David LeBlanc, Microsoft (author of Writing Secure Code)
- 85.- British Pounds Stirling (ca. 135,- Eur) for Professionals, including the Workshop Dinner.
- 60.- British Pounds Stirling (ca. 95,- Euro) for Students, including the Workshop Dinner.
- 40.- British Pounds Stirling (ca. 65,- Euro) for Students, without the Workshop Dinner.
Mail address for general enquiries:
Dr. Stefan Gruner [Attn. AVoCS'03]
Dept. ECS / DSSE / 59
University of Southampton
GB - SO17 1BJ
Fax: +44 2380 593 045
For all other communication concerning AVoCS'03, including submissions, please send e-mail at email@example.com.
Click here travel directions and for a map of the university campuses and surrounding area.
The conference dinner will be held April 2nd at 8pm in the evening at the Taste of Thailand, 11, Castle Way, Southampton, SO14 2BX. Click here for a map.Here is a list of hotels and guest houses.
Stefan Gruner, University of Southampton
Michael Leuschel, University of Southampton
Stéphane Lo-Presti, University of Southampton
Michael Goldsmith, Formal Systems Europe (UK)
Marta Kwiatkowska, University of Birmingham (UK)
Michael Leuschel (Chair), University of Southampton (UK)
David Nowak, CNRS & ENS Cachan (FR)
Joy Reed, Armstrong Atlantic State University (USA)
Mike Reed, Oxford University (UK)
Bill Roscoe, Oxford University (UK)
Ulrich Ultes-Nitsche, Université de Fribourg (CH)
Irfan Zakiuddin, QinetiQ (UK)